jueves, 19 de septiembre de 2013

Anisakis simplex experiment

The first cool project i want to share is my investigation on the fish parasite the Anisakis simplex. Not that many people have heard of it, but this parasite lives in almost all the fishes that habit the seas. I f you ever eat raw fish that has not been treated against the parasite you will probably get infected and you will have to go to the hospital to get treated. This parasite is a worm that lives inside the fishes and produces allergic reactions in humans when ingested alive. For my Extended essay topic i chose to study the resistance of this parasite to the cooking methods. First of all the collecting of sources was very difficult at first, all easy ways such as questia.com were useless. However i found my way into the universities archives and the fish industry studies and I think this sources I obtained make my exploration way more interesting. Second thing I needed was the actual parasite to experiment with. It might sound disgusting at first but after some minutes I promise it became really cool. I had to actually buy fresh fish, open it, and find the parasites. Here ill provide you with some pictures of the process


I hope this is getting interesting for you guys! 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario